Wassail, traveler, and welcome to The Gable Grey -- a place of retreat, of renewal, and of resistance: a tree-shaded refuge in Dark Times. Now pass the threshold, and rest from journeys! For a cold wind is blowing; and here, if you wish, you may hear tidings of the world without...

Sunday, May 17, 2009

WTSHTF


I've added a new link list, titled "WTSHTF" (for When the Shit Hits the Fan). It will contain links to articles I feel are important in understanding what is happening with the world economy, and what is coming. I'm no believer in religious end-times scenarios, which makes junkies out of Bible-thumpers and their ilk; but I believe that things can very easily get very bad, very fast. I do not want to get caught with my pants down, so to speak, like I did with Hurricane Katrina. I want to be prepared. More than that, I want to understand why things are going the way they are going; and I can't seem to get much information from the so-called mainstream media (MM). So I nose around until I find an article that is actually informative; and sometimes, some information just sounds right. Maybe the latter is just common sense kicking in, but not having a generous natural amount of it to begin with I am hesitant to name it so. At any rate, the first article I chose is by a Russian, who compares the collapse of the S.U. (Soviet Union) economy to a (not-so-far-fetched) possible collapse of the U.S. economy. S.U. - U.S. Nifty, huh?
[UPDATE: Article from The Atlantic Monthly added.]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whiles carried o'er the iron road,
We hurry by some fair abode;
The garden bright amidst the hay,
The yellow wain upon the way,
The dining men, the wind that sweeps
Light locks from off the sun-sweet heaps --
The gable grey, the hoary roof,
Here now -- and now so far aloof.
How sorely then we long to stay
And midst its sweetness wear the day,
And 'neath its changing shadows sit,
And feel ourselves a part of it.
Such rest, such stay, I strove to win
With these same leaves that lie herein.

-- William Morris, from
"The Roots of the Mountains"